Intex Inflatable Airbeds Review
Intex Inflatable Airbeds are very popular for home, travel, and camping. There are many types and kinds of Intex Inflatable Airbeds and they range in price from around $10 for an Intex Cozy Kids Airbed to over $200 for an Intex Raised Airbed with a built-in pump. Intex makes some of the best cheap Air Mattresses around.
Intex Corporation has been around for 40 years and they have offices around the world. They make a wide range of inflatable products from Airbeds to Pools and Spas.
Intex Inflatable AirBeds Construction
They are sturdy and most come with, built-in electric pumps, battery operated pumps, hand pump, built in bellows pump, or no pump at all. Most have a valve that you can use other types of pumps. Intex Inflatable Airbeds inflate and deflate easily within minutes.
Intex Inflatable Airbeds have 5 different types of construction:
- I Beam -oriented parallel beams vertically or horizontally.
- Coil Beam – Open loops of vinyl attached at the top or bottom of the bed.
- Wave Beam – A converted I-beam construction consisting of equally distanced air channels creating a wave-like surface.
- Comfort top – Two layers – I beam base and a top layer of circular imprints attached by a weld to a solid sheet of vinyl.
- Air Flow Construction – diamond shaped pockets that allow air flow from one pocket to the other.
Intex Air Mattress Types:
- Dura – Beam
Intex Indoor AirBeds
Intex Indoor Air Beds come in two types:
- Pillow Rest Classic Airbed (standard twin, full, queen and King sizes)
- Classic Downy Airbed (standard twin, full and queen sizes) (indoor-outdoor)
Indoor Intex Pillow Rest Classic Air Bed with Built-in Electric Pump
This Intex Air Mattress has a pillow that is conveniently built in, plush flocking and a built-in electric pump. You can easily travel with this Airbed. Other features include:
- Waterproof 20 gauge flocked top
- durable 15 gauge vinyl beams and sides
- Standard sizes – twin, full, and queen
- Includes carry bag with shoulder strap
- Inflates in about 3 minutes
- 300 lb. capacity
- The Intex Twin Classic Pillow Rest Air Mattress has a 4-star rating
- Dimensions while inflated: 39 x 75 x 12 inches)
- Weight 8.8 lbs.
- Intex Full Classic Pillow Rest Air Mattress has a 3.5-star rating
- Measures 54 x 9 x 75 inches (WxHxD); 600-pound weight capacity
- Weight 11 lbs.
- Intex Queen Classic Pillow Rest Air Mattress has a 3.5 star rating.
- Dimensions: 60 x 9 x 80 inches
- Weight 13 lbs.
Intex Outdoor Airbeds
Most Intex Airbeds can be used outdoors and inflated with a separate pump. There are a few models that do not have that capacity and can only be used with the electric built-in pump. If you are planning to use for camping, look for the ability to use a separate pump.
Intex Classic Downy Airbeds – Indoor – Outdoor
The Classic Downy Series Airbeds are sturdy enough to take camping or use indoors. The price is so affordable you really can’t go wrong purchasing one of the Classic Downy Airbeds.
- Waterproof flocked top with 14 gauge vinyl beams
- 300-Pound capacity measures 8.75-Inch Tall
- Wave beam construction
- 20.8-gauge waterproof flocked top
- 14-gauge vinyl beams and a 15-gauge bottom
- optional electrical pump (sold separately)
Intex Raised Airbeds
Intex also makes the standard sizes in Airbeds that are raised also. These can be especially comfortable for sleeping and getting in and out of bed. For example,
The Intex Rising Comfort Twin Airbed
- 20.8 gauge flocked top
- 14 gauge vinyl beams
- 16 gauge vinyl bottom and sides
- Built-in Electric Pump
- Inflates in about 2 minutes
- 2 virtually independent chambers connected by four flow-through ports
- Raised 19 inches from floor
- 5.5 x 13 x 16 inches
- 12.3 pounds
- 4-star customer rating
This Intex Raised Downy Queen Airbed
The Intex Raised Downy Airbed has dual chambers. This Air Mattress is constructed for the lower chamber to function as the box spring like a traditional bed, and the upper chamber to function as a mattress. Constructed in this way to provide more support and firmness.
Intex Raised Downy Raised Airbed has these features:
- Fits your fitted queen sheets easily
- Size is 60 x 80 x 22 inches
- Dual Chambers
- Plush flocked 20.8 gauge waterproof top
- 15 gauge vinyl beam construction
- 16 gauge sides and bottom
- Inflates in about 4 and 3/4 minutes
- 600 lb. capacity
- comes with a duffel bag and shoulder strap
- 3.5-star customer review
Intex Dura Beam Raised Airbeds
Intex Dura Beam Constructed Air Mattresses are known for their Fiber-Tech Construction. Fiber – Tech
construction is thousands of high strength Polyester Fibers wound together for extra strength.
Intex Queen Dura Beam Pillowrest Airbed
This Dura Beam Intex Inflatable Air Mattress has a Built-in Pillow Rest. Other features include:
- Fiber-tech(TM) construction
- Built-In, high-powered electric pump
- inflates in approximately 3 minutes
- Built-in pillow
- Outer perimeter frame for additional stability
- Duffel bag included
- Dimensions: 60 x 16.5 X 80 inches
- 600-pound capacity
- 14.1 lbs
The Intex Comfort Plush Dura Beam Elevated Queen Airbed
This Intex Dura Beam Airbed has Airflow through the chambers.
Other features of the Intex comfort Plush Dura Beam Elevated Airbed:
- Horizontal Air Chambers
- Soft Flocked Top
- Built-In Electric Pump
- Inflates in 4 1/2 minutes
- Fiber Tech Beam Construction
- size is 80 x 60 x 22 inches
- Weight is 21 lbs.
- Duffel bag included
Intex Premaire Series Robust Comfort Airbed
The latest in the Intex Series of Airbed is the Premaire. It has a dual air pillowtop system…
Other features of the Intex Premaire Inflatable Mattress Include:
- Fully Laminated Construction
- Build In Electric Pump
- Raised 20 inches from the floor
- Size is 60 x 80 x 20 inches
- Inflates in minutes
- Puncture resistant
- Weight is 17 lbs
As you can see, Intex makes several different types of Airbeds with slightly different types of construction for durability.
Intex Inflatable Airbeds are among the best-selling Airbeds on the market today. Even though they mostly do not have much of a warranty (90 limited or no warranty) they are very popular.
Intex Air Mattresses have thousands of reviews and average overall from 3.5 to 4.5 stars. You can check out customer reviews here.